Announcements

Week 14 Announcement

Week 14 Announcement

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Week 14 Announcement

April showers bring May flowers! Storm clouds on Little Bear Peak and Blanca Peak April 26, 2019.
Pic by Leland Dirks from near Ft. Garland.

Welcome to Week 14 of the spring semester! Including this week, we have just 4 weeks left in the academic year.  Graduating seniors, remember you only have until a week from Thursday to have all your work completed.

If you haven't already seen last week's announcement about OLA's summer school program, please check out the announcement before this one. It provides the link to sign up for the summer program. Just a brief reminder, grades 4th - 6th, your summer program is to enjoy the vacation and recharge for next year. Middle school grades 7th-8th, if you failed any core classes (English, math, social studies, or science), summer school is not mandatory, but it is very strongly encouraged. Any gaps in core curriculum can make high school much more difficult (by difficult I mean you could end up failing core classes in high school which will elongate your time before graduating). High school students grades 9th-12th, you know that the name of the game is acquiring the 24 credits necessary to graduate, so if you failed any core classes (or you want to get a little ahead), I strongly encourage you to sign up for two core class offerings during the four week summer session. Please see the announcement before this one for summer program details.

On a side note, I spent the weekend in my office working hard to get next year's new incoming students started in our enrollment process. The incoming families, many of whom have experienced other online programs, are very enthusiastic and appreciative to be joining OLA. They are reinforcing that OLA is a one-of-a-kind online program, so I want to celebrate everyone who feels similarly about being enrolled in Colorado's oldest, most experienced, most individualized online program in the state. Thank you to everyone who referred friends and family, and although we still have many who are patiently waiting for an open seat, most of the families who applied have been offered seats for next year!

Have an awesome Week 14, and I'll send out another announcement in a week.

[WEEK 14 VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENT]