Announcements

Week 15 Announcement

Week 15 Announcement

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

WEEK 15 ANNOUNCEMENT

Wowzers! Including this week, we only have three weeks of school left for this academic year.

This is Week 15 of our spring semester schedule, and it is Teacher Appreciation Week. I have given teachers a small token gift of appreciation, but really many have said their favorite appreciation are the short notes and emails from students letting them know they're appreciated. I encourage everyone, if you feel so inclined, to send teachers brief notes of appreciation.

Other announcements for this week include:

• Teachers will be zeroing out work for the rest of the semester as support to let everyone know where their grades stand. This allows students to make sure their final semester grade is exactly where they want it before the last day of school.
  • Staff will be unavailable this Thursday. If you need to contact them, please leave a voicemail on their extension or email your needs, and teachers will get back with you as soon as they can next week.

Graduating Seniors-

• Remember that all work is due at the end of this week (so records can be updated and ready for graduation May 18, 2019).
  • My apologies that this year the funding for a dinner the night before has dried up (state grants are sometimes available, sometimes not available). Hopefully in the future, the state will be able to provide more funding to make supplemental family support more available. This said, Monte Vista has a relatively low cost of living so lodging and restaurants are relatively inexpensive. I encourage graduating seniors and their families to research the options in Monte Vista, but also check out what's available in Alamosa (this city is our regional hub with many options, and it is only 20 minutes away from Monte by vehicle).
  • We ask that graduating seniors show up at 8:00 AM that morning so that we can practice the ceremony as well as take portrait pictures and a graduating class picture (which we provide to students for free). This time is also when we will fit you and provide you a gown for the day. The cap and tassel will be yours to keep!
  • The official commencement begins at 10:00 AM. This ceremony is open to the public, and we look forward to meeting everyone's relatives and friends. This year we could have as many as 500 people attend!

Have a great week! -Mr. Wright

[LINK to VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENT]