Announcements

Welcome to Week 3!

Welcome to Week 3!

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Welcome to Week 3 of the Fall Semester!

A dusting of snow and the changing aspen in Great Sand Dunes National Park. Fall is officially just a couple weeks away! 

Picture by Ranger Patrick Myers Sept. 4, 2018. 

Welcome to the start of Week 3 of the fall semester. There are no major announcements this week other than thanking everyone for such a positive start to the school year!

[This week's video link.]

Later this week and next week, core classes will be administering Galileo quizzes, but don't let these little measurements raise your anxiety. The staff uses the data we get from the Galileo quizzing to help us make sure we're covering state curriculum thoroughly, and make sure students are being served properly.

For any families concerned about the School Performance Factor (SPF), I have received word from the Colorado Department of Education that OLA is expecting to receive a Priority Improvement or Turnaround School rating, but just like the previous two years, I plan to appeal this SPF, the reasoning being that 75% of our OLA families refused CMAS & PSAT/SAT testing last year; I will be requesting a SPF of Insufficient Data (which will automatically revert us back to our SPF three years ago - Improvement). This is important because a SPF of either Priority Improvement or Turnaround School would put us on the state's five-year clock to improve growth and achievement or risk a state takeover / closing of the school. I will keep everyone updated as to the status of our SPF appeal as information becomes available.

Lastly, this year's COUNT DAY is Wednesday, October 3. It is imperative that students log into classes and work this day. If you cannot login to classes that day, please contact Mr. Wright as soon as possible.

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!
-Mr. Wright