Announcements

Week 12 / Testing Week Announcment

Week 12 / Testing Week Announcment

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Week 12 / Testing Week Announcement

The dune field, the Crestone Mountain Group, & Mt. Herard from near the Sand Dunes National Park entrance. Pic by Mr. Wright, close to sunset April 14, 2019.

My apologies about skipping last week's announcement. I was on a personal day in the Denver area on Monday, and upon returning to school Tuesday got busy helping Counselor Dave get arriving students ready for on site testing, then I got busy doing my weekly chores and forgot my weekly announcement.

For students who tested last week, this is week 12 of the spring schedule. For students who will be testing this week, last week was week 12. For all students, next week will be week 13 of the spring semester. Including this week, we now only have 6 weeks of school left before summer break begins. Graduating seniors, please remember that all work must be submitted to teachers by May 9th.

Later this week I hope to disseminate information regarding summer school options for grades 7-11 (and non graduating 12th graders).

For students participating in this week's CMAS assessments, I want your focus to be on staying relaxed, getting a good night's rest, eating a hearty breakfast beforehand, and making their best effort on the assessments. Please remember that your school Director (me) and the rest of the OLA staff do NOT use any information we gather from the assessments to judge any individual students. We use whatever data comes back to us (this will be next fall) simply to improve our instruction (we look for patterns that exhibit curriculum we may have missed teaching). So if you give the assessments your best effort, we are very PROUD of you, no matter the scores, and we encourage you to celebrate your hard work! For students who have opted out, we encourage you to use the time to catch-up / get ahead in schoolwork, and the staff and I are equally PROUD of your effort!

[This Week's Video Announcement Link]