Announcements

Day at the Capitol 2018

Day at the Capitol 2018

by Ethan Huff -
Number of replies: 0

DATC

Each year the Colorado Cyberschools Association (CCA) and Colorado Coalition of Cyberschool Families (CCCF) plan a rally at the state capitol building in Denver, to show lawmakers support for laws allowing online education in Colorado.  This year's Day at the Capitol rally will be held on Friday, February 16th. 

The event includes free admission to Denver's History Colorado Center beginning at 8:30am, with presentations regarding the state of online education in Colorado by a number of speakers as well as a chance to tour the museum's exhibits.  At 11:30am students and families will march to the capitol building together for the rally in support of online education.  Following this, participants may have a chance to go on a one-hour tour of the historic capitol building.  More info including a link to register can be found HERE (if you are interested in attending it is necessary to register soon in order to obtain capitol tour tickets which are limited). 

In past years, I (Mr. Huff) have enjoyed leading a student field trip to this event.  Due to a personal commitment I have that falls on the same day this year, I will be unable to host the field trip this year but hope to be able to continue the tradition in future years.  If you have any questions feel free to email me at ethanh@monte.k12.co.us or call me at 541-403-1042. 

Note:  Some OLA families have already notified me that they plan to attend the event and if you would like to coordinate meeting up with those families let me know and I can put you in touch with one and other.