Announcements

Week 5 Announcement

Week 5 Announcement

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Welcome to the Official Start of Autumn & Week 5

The full moon rising over Blanca Peak in the San Luis Valley. Pic taken by N.P.S. Ranger Patrick Myers, September 24, 2018.

Happy week 5 of the fall semester! I hope everyone's first official days of fall have been positive! Just this morning, there were several signs of the change in season here in the San Luis Valley- it was 31 degrees, and for the first time since last spring, migrating Sandhill cranes and Canada geese were flying overhead. Fall is here!

This week there are no major announcements. A friendly reminder that
one week from today, Wednesday, October 3, 2018 is this year's "count day"; remember that it is critical everyone logs into all core classes (language arts, social studies, mathematics, & science) and does work for the day. A gentle heads up that the Colorado Department of Education has begun its annual contacting schools requesting data regarding attendance; this year the state is becoming much more aggressive about online students who miss more than 10 days of school or miss the count day.

Lastly, at recent staff meetings,
teachers have been sharing amazing stories of success and growth (already this early in the year!), and I cannot communicate to everyone (staff, parents, and STUDENTS) how proud I am of everyone's dedication and effort. Please keep it up, and a huge thank you!

Have an awesome remainder of the week!

-Mr. Wright

PS Here is this week's video announcement (Monday was extremely busy, the video was produced yesterday, and my apologies that it took me until today to post it): [LINK]