Announcements

Welcome to Week 14!

Welcome to Week 14!

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

IobCsXWuML4VxRs4Ri1DdAWy8Bbu7xAlLf7ahZLCaNFYWii2YS67Rw3PdrC5INDvmO0eI63y51U3D2f4Gw4LZwF5-wMMth8ajMciD-KalY1iZW2llsb9Fp96Vy3Te6O6MPvgK4Rn

Welcome to Week 14!

My apologies for missing last week’s announcement. In addition to some critical Alternative Education Campus paperwork due to the Colorado Dept. of Education, I was also busy related to my wife getting in a “t-bone” car wreck (another driver ran a red light and hit three other cars). My wife’s car was totaled (I was very grateful that other than a bruised elbow, she was okay).

I am reminded to never take shared time with loved ones for granted. I’m proud of everyone who is resilient in the face of challenges.

This week, I’m back to the “usual” very busy routine, including being excited that there are only four weeks left in the semester before summer break!

Graduating seniors, I stay up late at night worried that you’re procrastinating. Don’t let next Thursday’s deadline of May 10th catch you off-guard (it is the last day to get work in to make it to graduation).

Speaking of deadlines, for everyone’s information, teachers’ last day is May 25, but they have to have their grades in before that, so that before they leave I can look over grades and get them in the mail. For this reason, the last day to turn in work, for everyone, is Wednesday, May 23rd.

Don’t forget that turning in work at the last minute makes it very challenging for teachers, and they will not have time to give in-depth feedback, nor will they be able to turn-around grading quickly (they are swamped with procrastinated work). My suggestion, please turn in work as early as you possibly can.

The weather in the San Luis Valley has finally started to feel genuinely warm and less windy. Over the weekend, the trees blossoms have begun coloring the streets. With summer now just around a corner, expect another announcement about summer school within an hour.