Announcements

Welcome to Week 12!

Welcome to Week 12!

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Welcome to Week 12 of the semester! It's good to be back on routine (after last week's testing week).

On behalf of the OLA staff, we are so proud of everyone for giving their best effort on tests (or opting out and using your time wisely). Counselor Dave and I are very sorry that there was little communication, last minute changes, logistical mix-ups (materials showing up at the wrong test sites)... in the future, I promise that the entire annual cycle of testing will be managed proactively, with far better communication, much further in the future. Dave and I met Friday, and we have already developed a plan to significantly improve our testing game next year.

Pictures of Dave's office from early last week. To protect test security, testing companies will mail materials right before the testing days; unfortunately, this year Pearson made a mistake and we ended up with far too many materials (or the wrong materials). In the future, Dave & I will make sure this process is as easy for our OLA & DELTA families as possible.

This week, I will be announcing details about our online summer school session (scheduled to occur between Tuesday, May 29th and Thursday, June 21st). Students will be allowed to sign up for two classes during the summer session.

This week, I will also be emailing and mailing seniors detailed graduation information. It's hard to believe, but we're quickly closing in on the end of the year. Graduating seniors, remember your work is due Thursday, May 10th!

Have a great week, and be on the lookout for more announcements the next couple days!

Mr. Wright's video announcement for this week (same info. as above, presented in "talking head" form): [WEEK 12 VIDEO LINK]