Announcements

Visit Adams State University!

Visit Adams State University!

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Visit ASU! 

Wednesday, March 14th, 2018 from 8:45 am to 3:45 pm

Spring is the time of the year when graduating seniors often visit college campuses they may be interested in attending. To support students in this endeavor, Mr. Haddican and Counselor Dave are sponsoring a field trip to Adams State University on Wednesday, March 14, 2018 from 8:45 am to 3:45 pm. 

Any regional OLA students who would like to meet at ASU and join the tour, please RSVP by contacting Mr. Haddican at shawnh@monte.k12.co.us or call 719-852-2212 ext. 6201.

High school students, especially upperclassmen (juniors and seniors), who aren't located in the San Luis Valley, I encourage you all to contact a nearby college or university and set-up a tour. Even better than small group tours of colleges, personalized one on one tours are an outstanding way to learn what life is like for a college student.

Note that for many students, life after high school will not include enrolling at a university. I fully understand this, and I support everyone whatever their post-secondary goals are (I enlisted in the air force after graduating from high school). 

Whatever your goals are following high school, I encourage you to learn about your desired path. If you're interested in enlisting, go speak with a recruiter and some veterans; ask them what life is like for an active duty military member. If you're interested in going to a vocational school to learn a trade, go tour the school and speak with the instructors. If you're interested in going on a spiritual mission, speak with your church leaders, inquire about opportunities to serve others. Whatever your post-secondary goals are, I encourage students to be as knowledgeable and prepared for the future as possible.