Announcements

Grade Point Averages

Grade Point Averages

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Grade Point Average (GPA) Awards

OLA has sent out academic awards at the end of each year in the past, and this year I wanted to try something new and celebrate excellent grades at the end of fall semester too.

Unfortunately, in this first batch of fall semester awards, it appears that our student information program produced a report of GPAs that did not match our report cards (these two documents went in the mailing envelopes separately).

My apologies for any frustration or wondering about Mr. Wright's ability to do basic math. In this case, I may sometimes humorously start referring to our computer student information system as HAL (in reference to 2001's computer that loses its A.I. mind).

Parents of elementary students in grades 4 - 6, my opinion is please do not overemphasize grade point averages as my desire for you all is to get in the habit of loving learning without being under undue performance pressure.

Middle school students, I would like you to get in the habit of figuring your own GPA so you can monitor and celebrate your academic progress in high school.

High school students, I desire you all to be able to figure your GPA knowing that it is a way to keep track of your success and progress toward attaining credits and graduating!

Great job everyone, and if you received a GPA award that does not match the GPA on your report card, please email me (kevingw@monte.k12.co.us), and we will re-mail corrected awards.

*The video communicates the same information above as well as how to figure out a GPA.

Thanks to everyone for being patient with your new school director.