Announcements

First Quarter Ends Thursday, October 19, 2017

First Quarter Ends Thursday, October 19, 2017

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Students, Parents, and Staff,
As we received our first measurable snowfall in Monte Vista yesterday afternoon, the sensual changing of the seasons reminded me we are quickly approaching mid-October!

As I begin to finalize our Colorado Department of Education "count" data, and I review the first quarter progress of all our 164 students, I am very proud and have much gratitude for nearly all of our hardworking students and families. I'm also deeply appreciative of leading a team of such highly dedicated, professional, amazing educators.  Thank you all!

In the spirit of helping everyone continue all the success I'm seeing, here's a gentle reminder that the end of the first quarter is Thursday, October 19, 2017 (nine days from now). This reminder isn't meant to add pressure or stress to anyone's program, but it is meant to give everyone a heads up that I've communicated to teachers that all first quarter work is due to them by 4 PM, Thursday, October 19, 2017. I've asked that teachers who receive work for first quarter after that deadline to please accept it, but it won't show up on progress reports/grades until after the first quarter progress reports are mailed home (my goal is to have all teacher grades submitted and mailed out to families the week of October 23rd). 

Especially for high school students concerned about their transcript records, remember that the reports going home the week of the 23rd are progress reports (they do not go on your transcript). These progress reports are meant to be a quarter's benchmark of progress, and a foundation for parent-teacher conference discussions, a source for celebrating successes and awards, and a potential source of academic probation for students whom the overall program doesn't appear to be working well.

Thank you again very much to everyone. Keep up all the striving and success!
Mr. Wright