Dear Parents and Students,
I hope your summer has been outstanding. It’s hard to believe school is starting in less than a week, but I am excited about the coming year!
Beginning of the year news:
- Our first day of classes will be the day after the solar eclipse, Tuesday, August 22nd.
- Click here for a copy of our school district's 2017-2018 calendar (which OLA follows): ww2.monte.k12.co.us/uploads/3/7/7/8/37785467/school_calendar_2017-18_final.pdf
- There is no conventional registration with OLA.
- Schedules for new students are being made automatically based on transcript records (electives will be chosen for spring semester).
- Returning students schedules were created by Mrs. Ianson last spring.
- Later this week and next week, mailings including schedules and any necessary materials will arrive. If you haven't received this by Tuesday the 22nd, don't worry, the first week of classes is "orientation week" (some schedules are being made at the pace we receive previous records, which in some schools' cases is slower than faster).
- The first week of school, teachers will be contacting students for introductions and to answer any questions about classes / orient students to classes.
A reminder to both returning and new families, if you've dropped off or mailed in the yellow, hard copy enrollment packet, which includes the 2017-2018 Residency Verification form, you are enrolled; if you haven't yet completed the yellow enrollment packet, please complete, sign, date, and return it to us as soon as possible; these forms are required by the state to request student records, set-up class schedules, and verify official enrollment with the state.
Schedules and any needed materials will be arriving soon (this week and next week). We thank you for your patience as we utilize the time remaining before the first day of classes to make sure that all students’ records are current and students are scheduled into correct classes.
To end this first OLA announcement of the 2017-2018 academic school year, I want to wish Mr. Oden an excellent retirement, as well as briefly introduce our three new staff:
- Mr. David Davoudlarian will be serving as our counselor,
- Ms. Laura Moore will be serving as our 7th – 12th grade science teacher
- Mr. Shawn Haddican will be serving as our 8th – 12th grade English teacher
Here's to a rewarding and productive year!