Announcements

Week 8 Announcement

Week 8 Announcement

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Sandhill Cranes engaged in a courtship dance. Pic near Great Sand Dunes N.P. by Patrick Myers March 2, 2019.
36th Annual Monte Vista Crane Festival March 8,9 
https://mvcranefest.org/ 

Spring has migrated back into the San Luis Valley! This week is our world famous Monte Vista Crane Festival, which for us locals marks the informal start of spring!

Counselor Dave is trying to finalize our spring state testing schedule. 11th graders, please note that you are all scheduled to take the CMAS Science Test; anyone who is planning on opting out, please provide OLA the parental refusal document located at our website under parent resources:  Thank you!

Including this week, we have only 2 weeks until the end of the quarter, and the start to spring break! Please remember that for work to be counted on third quarter's report card, all work must be submitted to teachers by 4:00pm, Thursday, March 14th. Work submitted after that deadline will still be accepted and counted toward the semester final grade (just not on the third quarter report cards). Please see the video below for an explanation of how many students are succeeding in the program! I'm VERY PROUD of everyone!

Lastly, THANK YOU to everyone who has communicated their support of my transition to living closer to an elderly parent. My apologies for not being able to respond individually (busy, busy, busy!), but first chance I have I will be thanking people individually. It is an honor to work with a community of staff, students, and parents who genuinely care and look out for each other. It's a reminder why the OLA program is one-of-a-kind.

Have a great week! -Mr. Wright

[WEEKLY VIDEO ANNOUNCEMENT]

Bloopers to be on the lookout for:
I said end of semester when I meant end of quarter.
I said the Crane Festival is the second week of August instead of March.