Announcements

Week 12 Announcement!

Week 12 Announcement!

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Sandhill cranes (https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Sandhill_Crane/id) during their seasonal migration, in front of Blanca Peak at sunset. Pic by NPS Ranger P. Myers Nov. 7, 2018.

Welcome to Week 12 of the fall semester! Just this week, next Monday & Tuesday, and then we're on Thanksgiving Break from Wednesday, November 21 through Sunday, November 25!

A huge thank you to students who have emailed Mr. Huff pictures to share on the announcements page! I am very proud of OLA's student body, and I want to celebrate our honored students whenever possible. Speaking of celebrating OLA's students, today, several small, rural school districts are visiting Monte Vista to observe how we operate our schools. This process is part of the Student Centered Accountability Program (SCAP) that the Monte Vista School District has been a part of for several years [Monte Vista SCAP Link]. In the case of OLA, we're proud to be Colorado's oldest & most experienced multi-district online school, so many other districts look to us for guidance and modeling their own online programs. Thank you very much to OLA families and students for making us a leader among online options!

Have a great week, and I'll check in again right before Thanksgiving Break next week! -Mr. Wright

[This Week's Video Link]