Announcements

Welcome to Week 9, Second Quarter!

Welcome to Week 9, Second Quarter!

by Deleted user -
Number of replies: 0

Welcome to Week 9 of the Fall Semester!
Welcome to Quarter 2!

Sunshine through some of the last golden leaves, late last week, at Great Sand Dunes National Park. Pic by NPS Ranger Patrick Myers.

Welcome to week nine of the autumn semester! Last week was the last week of first quarter. I asked all teachers to submit quarter one grades by 4 pm yesterday. Today through Thursday, OLA staff will be preparing progress reports to be mailed out next Monday. Remember that these reports are for monitoring mid-term progress (these grades do not go in student files, and in the case of high school students, these grades are not reported on transcripts, only semester grades go in files and on transcripts). Please utilize these mid-term progress reports to celebrate hard work and success, and if necessary, use the reports to make plans to address failing classes.

On Thursday, I will send out a link (via the announcements here) that allows parents and students to give OLA staff feedback (you get to "grade" your teachers). If you have the time (a few minutes), please utilize this survey to provide staff positive and constructive feedback.

Because it is the start of second quarter, and because we are passed count day, I have officially begun taking applications for next year's enrollment lottery. If you know anyone who you believe OLA would be a good program, please feel free to refer them to our online application. Like last year, we expect between two to four applications for every seat that opens.

This week, Mr. Haddican will be absent as he is at a conference learning about the most up-to-date online teaching methods. If it takes him a bit longer to reply to questions or assignments, please be patient.

Thank you to everyone for your hard work. From what I've heard from the teachers, they are all VERY PROUD of the effort and successes of this first quarter!

[This Week's Video Link]