UPDATE: All videos are now due by January 15th, 2017, with winners announced on January 26, 2017. If you have put off entering because you felt you were out of time, you now have all of winter break up until January 15th. We have some amazing videos, please don't be shy about submitting yours!
Please contact Ms. Newmyer for more information. If you will be submitting a video it must be received by December 12, 2016, for review prior to the final due date of December 15th.
"UNLEASH THE INNER STAR,” that's what it's all about! Tell the story of your alternative program in a 2-5 minute video or rap. This contest is open to middle and high school students who attend alternative education programs. Your video should communicate the message and mission of program and relate to the annual national NAEA conference theme "UNLEASH THE INNER STAR.” Entries can express this theme in any genre or shooting style, but must be submitted by a link to a YouTube URL
- Entrants must be enrolled in and attending alternative education classes.
- Entries must interpret some variation of the theme, "Unleash the Inner Star”. Forms must be signed. This form may be photocopied.
- Entries must be 2-5 minutes in length.
- Entrants who do not obtain and cannot provide written documentation of all necessary rights and permissions for music, images, video clips, and any and all other non-original aspects of their entries will be disqualified.
- Entries must be submitted by YouTube URL.
- Entries must be labeled with the entrant's name, school mailing address, and telephone number, as well as the title and length of the entry.
- Parent permission must be signed for every student participating in the video who is under the age of 18.
- All entries must be sent by DECEMBER 15, 2016.
- All entries become the property of NAEA.
- Judges' decisions are final. All prizes need not be awarded.
Winners will receive the following cash awards:
First Prize--$400.00 Second Prize--$300.00 Third Prize--$200.00
Up to five Honorable Mentions--$100 each
Entrants must be currently enrolled in and attending a middle or high school alternative education program at the time of the submission. Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
- overall impact
- effectiveness of conveying theme
- artistic merit
- technical proficiency
PLEASE CONTACT MS. NEWMYER FOR MORE INFORMATION AT email@example.com.
(Edited by Dirk Oden - original submission Tuesday, 13 December 2016, 3:09 PM)